Finding Firebird
When a young woman tries to rekindle her relationship with her extended family, she's forced to make a choice between her world and theirs.

Chapter 2, Scene 9

Labels:

“That was amazing.” Kayde said to me as we got up and began to gather our clothes. “I know this probably sounds cheesy, but I’m pretty sure you were the best I’ve ever had.”

“Thanks, and yes, it sounded cheesy.” I told him. “Um, Kayde? I have a question. It’s kind of weird and sort of insane.”

“All the good questions are.” He told me.

Well, here I go… “Sometime during the middle, I started to get really hot and then at the end, I saw there was kind of a cone light that well, went up into the sky.” I told him, hoping he wasn’t going to think I was losing my mind.

“I thought that was just me. You felt it too? Saw it? Really?” He asked, amazed that I saw and felt the same insane and impossible thing that he had felt and seen.

“I did. I thought you could tell me what happened.” I told him. At this point, he and I were both perplexed.

“This is going to sound crazy, I’m sure.” He started. “But I’ve heard of something called sex magick. It’s some kind of ritual that some pagans do. The supposed theory is that sexual arousal and orgasm carry incredibly strong energy and when released, it carries magick wished for by the two lovers.” He explained.

“You’re right.” I told him, surprised that he was into that kind of thing. “It sounds crazy. But it was a pretty crazy experience, so I suppose I have no reason to shut it down as a theory.”

We continued clearing up after our date with a deep silence. The kind of unnerving silence that only works when everyone around is in thought, or else everyone who isn’t deep in thought feels incredibly uncomfortable and worried. We picked up item after item, keeping ourselves preoccupied with thought and responsibility towards the earth to keep it clean.

After we had finished cleaning up packed everything into the trunk of his car, opened the doors and got in. We rode in quiet for awhile and then I remembered my necessary request.

“Kayde, can you drop me off at my father’s office? I have to get the address again. I seem to have lost it.” I asked him, figuring he wouldn’t mind.

“Oh! I’m glad you mentioned it. Will you grab the piece of paper out of the glove compartment for me?” He asked.

Readers


Labels

Recent Posts


Recent Comments