Finding Firebird
When a young woman tries to rekindle her relationship with her extended family, she's forced to make a choice between her world and theirs.

Chapter 2, Scene 3

Labels:

Confused and arguing with myself I leaned forward and began to wash up. There’s no way for the water to heat up without adding heat, or hotter water. It’s impossible. I thought to myself as I drained the tub and got out. I dried off and then wrapped myself in my robe and headed back to my bedroom. I began getting ready for the day, and decided to do gold and purple eye shadow with shimmery black eyeliner and a neutral colored lipstick. I did my hair in a pony tail with a portion of it wrapped around the base of the pony tail to look like it was holding the hair and then added some spiral curls to the bottom of the pony tail. I examined my hair in the mirror and once I had approved my look I put on my clothes. The purple dress was a bit tighter in some places than I remembered, in particular, my chest. I figured that even though it was warm out, it might be a bit windy, so I grabbed a pair of nude tights and put them on under my dress.

Now that I was ready to go, I emptied my purse and then began to add all of my date essentials. First and most important was my cell phone and “Mad Money”, in case he turned into a jerk or cheap or anything, I could call a cab and get myself home. Next, I added the make-up I was wearing to my purse for emergency touch ups, along with some cotton balls and my bottle of eye make-up remover. I grabbed some tampons, in case of an unexpected visitor and then a few condoms, in case the date went REALLY well. Last but not least I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen for my visit to Dad’s office after the date.

Readers


Labels

Recent Posts


Recent Comments