Finding Firebird
When a young woman tries to rekindle her relationship with her extended family, she's forced to make a choice between her world and theirs.

Chapter 3, Scene 5

Labels:

“Dad, you awake?” I called, the minute I got through the door.

The house was still lit up so I assumed he was in the living room watching TV or something. I walked into the living room and saw dad spacing out on some detective show.

“Dad? I need to talk to you about something.” I said, turning off the TV.

“Oh, I’m sorry dear, what is it?” He asked, sitting up and looking at me.

“It’s about my birthday dad… And my grandparents.” I added on as an after thought.

“Oh Phoenix. Can’t we talk about this another time?” He said, sounding exasperated. “How was your date?”

“I don’t want to talk about my date, or Kayde, or planning the birthday party dad, I want to talk about Grandma Grandpa.” I told him firmly.

“Phoenix. Please. Not tonight.” He said, almost pleading.

“Fine, lets talk about Kayde and I then Dad. Let’s talk about our date.” I told him heatedly. He took me up to a hill just out of town and treated to me a French dinner. Afterwards, we ate desert and asked each other questions to get to know each other because we just met last night.”

“Phee! You know better than to go somewhere with someone you don’t kn-”

“Oh, don’t worry dad, it gets better. We sat on a tree branch and watched the sunset and then watched the city lights come on in the city. We ran around and chased each other and acted goofy. He pinned me down on the ground and ate me out for damn near half an hour and then, after wards, we had sex. Yes sir, right there on top of the hill, bare ass naked for anyone to just walk up and watch.

“Oh, and that’s not even the good part! When we came, together, might I add, a huge cone of light shot into the sky from my vagina and his penis. What do you think of that? Not to pleased, it seems. Well, it’s ok, there’s more.

“After we got dressed and got in the car, I thought he was going to bring me home, but no, we drove for twenty minutes to go to a forest. When we got there, we searched for 10 minutes trying to get in the damn gate that surrounded it. We finally found the gate, and got in and searched for at least 15 minutes for a house that SHOULD have been in the forest, according to the address, but wasn’t. By this time, it should be almost eleven, right? Ten forty five, to be accurate.

“Finally, we saw a magical arch that made people disappear when they walked through it. Oh, and in the arch, was a tunnel. So we followed the tunnel and found a door. A door with the address we were looking for. We knocked on the door and met a very nice couple, Flora and Syle, who for some insane reason were convinced that they were fairies.

“Not only were the supposedly fairies, they claimed to be my mother’s parents. Meaning they also claimed to be my grandparents. You know, the ones you never want to invite over so they don’t call attention to us? It makes sense that you would be worried about that since they seem to be in their early twenties and are green with bright yellow hair and pale with silver hair…

“Oh, and even though Kayde and I didn’t seem to get into their house until past eleven and stayed for at least an hour, here it is, eleven seventeen.” I finished and plopped myself down onto the couch and waited for an answer.

The whole time I had been talking, my father had sat there quietly, only listening to my rampage. Now he seemed to be thinking and processing everything I said.

“So, you met them, huh?” He asked. “I suppose that means you know everything? You know they didn’t want your mother to be with me?”

“Yes Daddy, I know all of that. But the important thing is that you lied to me. Kept things from me. Things about Mommy. Things about myself.” I told him softly.

“I know Phee, and I’m sorry. I wanted to protect you; I didn’t want you going to school with kids calling you a freak. I figured if I didn’t tell you, you wouldn’t try to learn how to use your powers or what the hell ever.” He told me.

“It doesn’t work that way though Daddy. If you had just talked to me, just let them talk to me, we both would have known how it works.” I hated that I had to explain this. I hated that I had to have this talk with him, but it had to be done. “In order for any half blood to come into their powers, they have to share and orgasm with another half blood. One who they have strong feelings for.”

“Half blood? Is that what they called you?” Said my father, his voice dripping with disgust.

“Yes Daddy.” I told him calmly. “It’s not a bad term, just a term, like mixed, except it’s not as easy as that, from the way they made it sound.”

“Wait, you mean that this Kayde guy is a half blood too?” My father asked, only at that point understanding what I was saying. “And what? You’ve known this guy over night and you’re in love?”

“No Daddy! We just met, how could I be in love?” I asked, shocked. “I do feel very close, drawn to him. I think one day, I might be in love with him, but not today. I feel like he’s my best friend. Like I could tell him anything.”

For a few minutes, I sat in silence waiting for my father to say something to me about the whole situation. Finally, he looked at me and sighed. “I guess this means you’ve invited them to your birthday party, doesn’t it?” He asked.

“Yes Daddy, I did.” I told him. “And they’re coming.”

“I figured.” He said with a sigh. “Look, Phee, I know this is important to you, but it sure did take a lot out of me. I’m going to get some sleep and if there’s anything else you want to talk about it, we’ll go out to breakfast and chat. Deal?” My father asked as he stood up from the recliner and began to head to the stairs.

“Deal.” I agreed.

“Oh, and Phee?” He said turning towards me at the stairway.

“Yea dad?” I asked, turning to look at him.

“I expect to meet this Kayde guy before your party next week.” He told me.

“Yea, I figured you would.” I said as I got up and headed to my room. “Good night Daddy. Love you”

“Love you too Firebird.”

Readers


Labels

Recent Posts


Recent Comments