Finding Firebird
When a young woman tries to rekindle her relationship with her extended family, she's forced to make a choice between her world and theirs.

Chapter 5, Scene 4

Labels:

“Now, we just wait to see if it works.” Said Kayde, looking at me with a smile, “We should maybe put some clothes on, unless you’re interested in a rather awkward visit. How are you feeling?”

“Good” I answered “I’m a bit dizzy though. That was pretty intense.”

“Ok, let’s ground you. We can’t leave you holding onto all of that energy.”

Kayde took my hand and led me outside to his garden, which was very luckily fenced in with tall wooden boards.

“Kneel on the ground” He instructed me, almost formally “Good, now lean forward with your hands on the ground and get your body as close to the earth as you can.”

I did as he said and immediately began feeling better.

“Imagine your body glowing with a pure, golden light.” He said softly, giving me a few moments to visualize “Ok, now imagine all that light draining out of your body and down into the earth.”

I did as he had instructed and after a minute or two, I felt amazing! My body felt light, I felt almost high, like I was on some kind of happy pill. I was calmer and happier and less worried about everything. As I was lying against the earth, a breeze rolled across my skin and I realized I was still bare naked, and it was kind of cold. I stood up and looked at Kayde.

“Um, babe, I’m freezing, can we go back in the house?” I asked. “I’m kind of cold… And naked.”

Kayde took my hand and we walked back in the house.

“Are you feeling any better, love?” He asked

“Yes, much, in fact, I feel better than I did even before all of the drama tonight.” I told him.

“Magick will do that to you” He told me “It’s almost like you get high on it.”

We walked back in the door and through the house. The colors in the house all seemed brighter, more vivid some how. When we got into the living room, there was a knock on the door.

Who could that be? I thought to myself. Kayde began to walk towards the door and motioned for me to start getting dressed.

Readers


Labels

Recent Posts


Recent Comments