Finding Firebird
When a young woman tries to rekindle her relationship with her extended family, she's forced to make a choice between her world and theirs.

Chapter 5, Scene 2

Labels:

In his hands, slug over his shoulder was what looked like a blanket filled with, well, stuff that I had no clue what it was. As he got to the bottom of the stairs, he set his pack down on the ground and moved the coffee table up against the wall in the hall. He picked his pack back up and set it where the table had been and opened it up. He spread the blanket out on the floor so that it was flat. He took out what looked like a compass and set it down next to his pile of supplies as I stood up and came over next to him.

Next to the edge of the blanket, where the compass was pointing north, he set a green candle on a small saucer. Next, he went to the eastern edge of the blanket and set a yellow candle on a saucer as well. He repeated the process with a red candle on the southern edge and a blue one on the west.

He picked up a large blood red colored leather covered, seemingly hand bound book with the letter C embossed in the center. I assumed this was the Book of Shadows that he had been talking about earlier. It was a beautiful book and I wondered how long his family had owned it.

Kayde opened the book up and read over what was written on the page and then set the book down on the couch. He took my hand and pulled me to the center of the blanket.

“It says for us to send welcoming energy out to the Faeries, but I’m pretty sure it’s obvious that we’re pretty welcoming at the moment.” He told me laughing as he handed me 4 small quartz crystals. “I want you to kiss each of these and set it down next on the saucer, opposite the blanket, starting with the yellow candle in the east.”

I did as he asked, working my way from yellow, to red, to blue, and then to green.

“Each candle represents a different element” He told me, pointing to each candle. “Yellow for air, red for fire, blue for water and green for earth.

He sat down in the middle of the blanket and lightly pulled me down to sit in front of him as well.

“Oh spirits of plants and earth and trees, oh elemental ones of every form, show yourselves to me, I ask. From us shall come no harm. Join us in friendship and in love.” Said Kayde “Rejoice with me in this magick old, for together with the ancient gods we can recreate all things in gold. Guardian spirits, watchers fair, our lives are joined. All things we share.”

He stood up and walked toward the yellow candle and motioned for me to follow. He had me light the candle and then sprinkle a spoonful of powdered ginger over the quartz crystal.

“All you Air spirits and faeries hear my call. Enter this magick circle. Welcome All.” He said.

Again, I lit the red candle and sprinkled the ginger over the crystal.

”All you spirits of the sunbeams, hear my call. Enter this magick circle. Welcome All.” Said Kayde.

I walked to the blue candle and lit it and sprinkled more ginger.

“All you nymphs and water sprites, hear my call. Enter this magick circle. Welcome All.” He said again.

For the last time, I walked to the Green candle and lit it and once again sprinkled the ginger.

”All you little ones of the moonbeams, hear my call. Enter this magick circle. Welcome All.” He repeated a fourth and final time.

As Kayde pulled me back toward the floor and the blanket, I felt strangely electric. My body felt as if it were buzzing, filled with energy. As Kayde and I sat down across from each other I felt an incredible desire to touch him. The urge grew and grew until without even a conscious decision to do so, I had leaned forward, my hands on each side of his head and pulled his face towards me and kissed him.

Readers


Labels

Recent Posts


Recent Comments