Finding Firebird
When a young woman tries to rekindle her relationship with her extended family, she's forced to make a choice between her world and theirs.

Chapter 4, Scene 6

Labels:

I walked through the back door and started up the stairs. I can not believe how much things have changed in the past forty eight hours. I thought to myself. I went from a single, normal almost eighteen year old girl to a half human half faery magical being with a boyfriend.

I couldn’t stop thinking about what my grandmother had said about Kayde, and how he felt about me. I’ve been with guys who cared about me, of course, but never one like Kayde. He had just met me not even two full days ago, but he was so sweet and generous and caring. I loved the way he took the time to plan out a twenty minute drive to take me to me to find my grandparents, it had blown my mind. The way he brought me a whole rose bush instead of cut flowers, because he knew I liked plants, but didn’t know if I liked cut flowers made my heart melt. The way he ate me out, determined to give me an orgasm before we even had sex, made me… Well, let’s not talk about how that particular situation made me feel.

I couldn’t stop thinking about how strange it felt to call Flora and Syle my grandmother and grandfather, knowing that physically, they look no older than I. It was easier to think of them as my grandparents, refer to them as my grandmother and grandfather while they were using their glamour, but even then, I couldn’t stop thinking about the way I had seen them the night before. The smooth, tight skin wouldn’t leave eyes. I knew that one day it would be easy and that I would be used to it, but that day certainly wasn’t today.

I couldn’t stop thinking about how my father was reacting, I kept expecting him to blow up over it, and I expected it to happen soon. My father hated anything out of the ordinary, with the exception of my mother, apparently. I knew that once I truly started changing, once my powers came, once I started acting more, well, Fae, he would hate it. I know he was keeping me from my grandparents to avoid me learning from them and becoming more like them, thinking that if he kept me from them, I would stay normal, the way he wanted me to.

My father was a rather hot tempered man, and I knew that even if it didn’t happen now, soon, he would blow up over this and try to blame someone. It was most likely that he would try to blame my grandparents and say that if they just hadn’t kept in contact with me this wouldn’t be happening. In my mind, the only person that could be blamed was my father himself. He knew my mother was a Faery, and so he knew that any child they had would be half Fae as well.

To be honest, I just couldn’t stop thinking. Thoughts were whirling through my mind one after another and before I even realized it, I noticed that I had already taken a shower and was wrapped in a towel and heading back to my room to pick out a nice outfit for dinner. I wanted to wear something sexy, since Kayde was there, but still classy, since I was going out with my father, Syle and Flora as well.

I started rifling through my closet and pulling dresses out. I had sexy, and I had classy, and hell, I even had elegant, but sexy and classy? I couldn’t find anything. Just when I was almost to the end of my closet, there was a knock on my door. I opened my door and found a box on the floor with a folded note taped to the top.

I picked the box up and opened up the note.

Flora,

Hope not to be over stepping any boundaries, but we thought you might like to wear this. It was your mother’s favorite dress when she was your age. We hope you like it. And we hope you don’t mind us sabotaging your wardrobe.

Flora and Syle

P.S.

Don’t worry; your wardrobe will go back to normal if once you decide whether or not to wear the dress.

I opened up the large white box and in it was the most amazing dress I had ever seen. I pulled the dress out and laid it flat on my bed, admiring it. It was a short, black V Neck dress with small leaf skeletons embroidered on the bodice, inside of each leaf was a very thin white fabric that made the leaves seem gray. The skirt of the dress was made to look like it was made out of nothing but raven or crow feathers layered one upon another down to about two or three inches above my knee. The minute I saw it, I had decided to wear it to dinner. I loved the black and gray of the bodice and the blue-black color of the raven feathers.

I slid the dress over my head and it slid down my body like silk. I went to my jewelry box and put on a black pearl necklace that my mother had left for me that had a small tear drop shaped piece of onyx hanging from it. I opened the drawer that had all of my earrings in it and pulled out the pair of matching onyx earrings. I left my wrists and hands bare of jewelry. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and curled it just enough to add a soft wave to the bottom of my hair.

Now that my hair and jewelry we taken care of, I pulled out my make up and dumped it over my bed. For my eyes I chose a black eyeliner and mascara, a glittery tan base shade, which I swept over my entire eye lid up to my eyebrows, a grey shade for my eye lid and a navy blue color to add a smoky look to the corners of my eyes. To the top, I lightly brushed some loose clear glitter to give my eyes a shimmer. For my lips, I chose a soft pink color to help draw attention to my eyes and keep me from looking way too made up.

As I was adding a shimmery powder to my face, neck and chest I heard a knock at the door. Knowing that it was near six by this time, I figured it was going to be Kayde. I finished with the powder quickly and rushed down stairs.

Readers


Labels

Recent Posts


Recent Comments